Online Courses Now Available
Terms and Conditions
Effective from 14 October 2021.
Please note these ‘Terms and Conditions’ may be subject to change without prior notice.
The K W Academy Ltd also trade as K W Academy and KWA. Our company registration is 12910691.
You can contact us via email at email@example.com
a) Booking instructions can be found on website www.kwacademy.co.uk . Or you can call or message 07713151277.
b) Before booking onto the course, please ensure you have read the full course content to ensure it meets your training needs and that you are able to meet any prerequisites as required. By stating that you meet the prerequisites, you absolve The K W Academy of any issues regarding insurance after completing your course.
c) If a course registration/booking form is completed by an individual other than the named candidate, it is the responsibility of the individual making the booking to ensure the candidate is suitable for the course.
d) On receipt a completed booking form, and subsequent payment your enrolment will be confirmed by email. The email provided on the form will be used to confirm this enrolment and any further communication regarding the course.
e) Important note: Once The K W Academy Ltd confirms your booking, this brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms and conditions. Any term sought to be imposed by you in any purchase order or correspondence will not form part of the contract.
2. Invoicing and Payment
a) A non-refundable booking fee is payable upon booking as advised by The K W Academy Ltd.
b) Invoices will be sent via email to the name and email address provided and must be paid according to the stipulations on the invoice.
c) Payments must be made in pounds Sterling by bank transfer. Bank details will be provided on invoices or by request.
d) If any amount properly due to The K W Academy Ltd under or in connection with these terms and conditions remains outstanding beyond the due date set, then The K W Academy Ltd may charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% per annum above the Bank of England base rate as per the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
3. Course Attendance and Certification
a) Candidates will receive joining instructions via email to the email address provided on their booking form.
b) It is the responsibility of the individual completing the course registration/booking form to ensure joining instructions are received by the candidate.
c) Candidates must fully understand the joining instructions prior to their course. For clarity on any instructions the candidate must contact The K W Academy.
d) Failure to attend the course will result in the full cost being incurred.
e) The K W Academy Ltd will send all correspondence primarily via email to the email address provided in the booking. If a candidate requires a change to their email address they must formally do this by recorded means.
f) No certificate(s) shall be issued whilst there is an outstanding balance (including interest on overdue balances and statutory compensation) due to The K W Academy Ltd.
4. Cancellations and Amendments
a) All requests for cancellations and/or transfers must be received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
The K W Academy
1 Orchard Mews
b) Changes will become effective on the date of written or email confirmation from The K W Academy Ltd
c) Cancellations made 14 days or more prior to the course date will allow the deposit to be transferred to another date.
d) In cancellations made less than 14 days prior to the course date, the full cost of the course is payable. Individual circumstances may mean that The K W Academy can transfer the deposit, though only at the discretion of The K W Academy, whose decision is final.
e) Candidates are only permitted to one course date transfer per booking. After this the full fee will be charged.
f) In the event of cancellation of a course by The K W Academy, we will endeavour to inform all participants a week before the course is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All course fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or the payment will be transferred in full to another date. The K W Academy shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
g) If you were unable to attend due to illness you must provide evidence in the form of a doctor's note. In this instance, the deposit can be transferred to a course presented on a different date.
h) Force Majeure: The K W Academy shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be cancelled due to war, fire, flooding, industrial action, pandemic, civil disturbance, or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
5. Entire Agreement
These terms and conditions, together with the current KWA website prices, course details and KWA contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the courses and associated materials and services to you by KWA. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by the owner of KWA. In particular, no terms and conditions set out by the candidate and nothing said by any person on behalf of KWA should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods or services offered for sale by KWA. KWA shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
We are committed to deal with any complaints in a quick and effective manner. Any complaints regarding the course can be addressed in the first instance to your tutor. If you are unhappy with the outcome all fair response thank you are requested to put your complaint in writing to the academy director and email it to email@example.com
We may change these terms and conditions from time to time. Please ensure that you check for any changes regularly, as you are bound by them if you use services from The K W Academy.
Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to THE K W ACADEMY LTD via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
THE K W ACADEMY LTD,
We or us
THE K W ACADEMY LTD, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 12910691 whose registered office is at 1 Orchard Mews, North Anston, Sheffield, S25 4BP;
UK and EU Cookie Law
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by THE K W ACADEMY LTD and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to THE K W ACADEMY LTD and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services
The website that you are currently using, www.kwacademy.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
1. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
3. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
4. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
5. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
2. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, THE K W ACADEMY LTD is the "data controller". This means that THE K W ACADEMY LTD determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
1. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
2. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
3. Booking Information - including service required, dates, times and any additional information;
How we collect Data
1. We collect Data in the following ways:
1. data is given to us by you; and
2. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
1. THE K W ACADEMY LTD will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
1. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
2. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
3. when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
1. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
1. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
2. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Our use of Data
1. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
1. internal record keeping;
1. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
2. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
3. We may use your Data to show you THE K W ACADEMY LTD adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you THE K W ACADEMY LTD adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed "Cookies" below).
Keeping Data secure
1. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
1. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
2. we store your Data on secure servers.
2. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
2. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
1. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
1. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
2. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
3. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
4. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
5. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
6. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
2. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com
3. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
4. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
2. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
3. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
1. This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer.
THE K W ACADEMY LTD has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
2. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
3. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling THE K W ACADEMY LTD to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
4. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
1. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
2. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
3. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
4. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
5. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
3. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
4. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.